Seeds Association for Development and Culture supported by Sheffield Palestine Solidarity Campaign; Sheffield Labour Friends of Palestine and Scottish PSC invite you to a webinar:
Friday 16thJuly 5pm BST/7pm Palestine
Speakers: activists from Beita, Palestine and Sheffield
The village of Beita near Nablus in the West Bank is resisting Israel’s objective to fragment the Palestinian population into isolated cantons. An Israeli settler outpost is seeking to cut off the road between Nablus and Ramallah. Since 1967, the villagers have suffered 87 deaths in the face of live fire from the Israeli military. In May, two teenagers, Mohammed Said Mohammed Hamayel (16) and his friend Ahmad Zahi Ibrahim Bani-Shamsa (15) were shot dead by Israeli fire. Six people have been killed in Beita this year as Israeli war crimes against unarmed civilians escalate throughout Palestine.
Beita activists will give a first hand account of their struggle and discuss ways to link with the international solidarity movement to hold Israel accountable.
This week we had a very successful zoom meeting from people across Sheffield who wanted to continue to show support and solidarity for Palestine.
You can see the zoom here
There were loads of links shared in the chat from the speakers. Here they are:
- Sign up for Sheffield PSC newsletter: http://eepurl.com/du0XW1
- Follow our Twitter = @SheffieldPSC
- Stop the demolitions: www.icahd.org and Stop the JNF : www.stopthejnf.org
Uni Pal soc:
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/uospalsoc/
- Apartheid off campus: https://www.palestinecampaign.org/…/apartheid-off…/
small park BIG RUN:
- Sign up https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/…/small-park-big-run…
- More info http://spbr.sheffieldpsc.org.uk/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/smallparkbigrun/
- Zoom rally after the run https://us02web.zoom.us/…/tZcsdOuhpzsrG9AXfUSLBjB8Q1WUB…
Meet us in Meersbrook Park at the top of the hill 12pm -4pm Saturday 19th June11am-Midday Sunday 20th (With the Mayor, buskers and choirs!)
- Insta: https://www.instagram.com/small.park.big.run/
- short film about small park BIG RUN – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZoap2a2A-o
TUC and Sheffield Labour Friends of Palestine
- Sheffield Labour Friends of Palestine, please do join by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
After the protests – What do we do. Webinar Wednesday 2nd June 7pm.
Today’s attacks on Palestinians are nothing new and, when this wave subsides, Palestinians will still be oppressed and persecuted by Israel within an apartheid regime.
BUT the international outcry is huge, people are with the Palestinians, and we can all make a difference, not just today but for the longer struggle for justice. The aim of this meeting is to give you a view of Sheffield PSC’s current activities with the idea that others can join those current activities and perhaps make suggestions for new ones.
To see the agenda of the meeting go here.
To register to join the meeting go here.
There have been some really impressive demonstrations in solidarity with the Palestinians, congratulations to everyone who attended. Such demonstrations will be seen in Palestine, and let Palestinians know that they are not forgotten. They will inspire others to take part.
But there are other forces at work. Expecting the Murdoch press to tell the truth about Israel, is like expecting Murdoch tell the truth about climate change, or to phone up the six thousand printers he sacked to apologise, and offer financial recompense. However, we pay for the BBC. It is supposed to be honest and impartial. I am sure that I am not the only one who looks or listens to the reporting of Palestine on the BBC with disgust.
A long time ago I gave up complaining to the BBC. They are largely judge and jury of their own conduct. Even if a complaint is found valid the BBC policies remain.
However, some of us need to go through the procedures, just so that we can say they knew what they were doing when they covered up Israeli Apartheid.
This is my complaint about an interview with an Israeli spokesperson
1. The Israeli spokesman said Hamas too over Gaza Strip in
In fact Hamas won the 2006 election. He was not challenged.
2. He stated that Hamas did not want a two state solution.
In fact the Israeli policy of support for the illegal settlements have made a two state solution impossible. (He was not challenged)
3. He stated that Israel has the right to defend itself.
The interviewer refused to ask whether the Palestinians had the same right.
4. He stated that Israel had no soldiers in the Gaza strip.
In fact Israel operates targeted assassinations, a blockade in land sea and air.
5. He was not asked about the Human Rights Watch report that stated that Israel operated Apartheid practices against Palestinians. This would help explain why Palestinians in Israel, Gaza, Jerusalem and the West Bank are protesting.
What do we do about media?
- Use all the alternative media that we can. Websites, webinars, Facebook, twitter WhatsApp…..
- Sheffield PSC is offering small groups Zoom sessions on what you can do. Write to us if you are interested.
- In my opinion, at some stage we should protest at BBC
We also need to make our own case for the Palestinians this is my poem.
Sheffield PSC Zoom meeting
“Standing with Palestinians: What we can do.”
Open Zoom meeting Wednesday June 2nd at 7.00pm.
Check our Facebook page for the Eventbrite link:
Called by Sheffield students Palsoc
Musheir Al Farra, chair of Palestine Solidarity Campaign in Sheffield, tells us what is really going on .